1. Salmon is one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids, which are very useful for preventing acne. These fatty acids are beneficial in fighting acne since they can greatly reduce inflammation. When inflammation in our bodies is too high this usually results in clogged pores and acne breakouts. In case you do not like eating salmon you can also try sardines or mackerel, which will provide you with similar benefits.
2. Avocados are great choice food for anyone who suffers from acne. This is because avocado contains high levels of Vitamins C and E. Vitamin C is beneficial for skin since it can help to minimize inflammation and Vitamin E is basically an antioxidant so it can help to protect and heal your skin. Also these fruits contain Linoleic fatty acid (omega 6), which has anti-inflammatory features and also will make your skin moisturized. It is easy to incorporate more avocados to your diet since you can eat them alone, add it to your salads or sandwiches. It is also worthwhile to mention that some people who have dry skin make facemask of avocados in order to improve their skin condition.
3. While Oysters are more known for their sexual desire boosting properties this food can also help to fight acne. The main reason why oysters are beneficial for skin is because they contain high levels of zinc. Getting more zinc from your food is important because it helps to reduce male hormones in the body (one of the causes of acne) and it helps to improve the absorption of Vitamin A (promotes turnover and healing of skin). It is best to consume oysters raw and fresh and only one portion will provide you with a full recommended dosage of zinc.
4. Broccoli is one of the best vegetable that can help to prevent acne. This vegetable is a rich source of vitamins like K, E, A, B, A and also contains anti-oxidants therefore it is beneficial in fighting acne. For the best effect consume broccoli fresh and raw.
5. Lemon juice and lemons themselves are another food that can help to prevent acne. The main reason why lemons are beneficial for treating acne is because they contain acids that can help to fight bacteria that cause acne. So simply squeeze so lemon juice while drinking water or eat a few slices per day. Also it is worthwhile to mention that lemon juice is also commonly applied directly on affected area and used as home remedy for reducing acne and scaring.
6. While Green tea is not actually a food, drinking more of this tea daily can be definitely helpful in preventing acne problems. In fact there were a few studies which confirmed green tea’s effectiveness in fighting acne. It is thought that EGCG, which is found in green tea, is able to decrease sebum production in the body, which is one of the causes of acne. So simply try to drink more green throughout the day and after a couple of weeks you will definitely see some improvement in your skin condition. Some people also tend to use green tea as a home remedy for fighting acne. In case you want to try it too simply apply cooled tea bag on affected area and leave it for about 15 minutes daily.
7. While most dairy foods are not a good choice for people who suffer from acne this is not the case with yoghurt. Plain yoghurt is known to contain probiotics, which can help to get rid of bad bacteria from your body. However it is worthwhile to mention that this doesn’t apply for yoghurts that are either flavored or include sugar. To get even more benefits of yoghurt in terms of acne you should also consider adding a few fruits that contain high levels of antioxidants. This way you will have a meal that contains both antioxidants and probiotics, which will be even more beneficial for your skin.
8. Adding some nuts to your diet can be a great way to prevent acne. Most nuts contain moderate amounts of Vitamin E, selenium, calcium, iron, copper and other minerals. So by eating just a handful of walnuts, Brazil nuts and almonds you can get all these essential minerals for your skin and reduce the chance of getting acne breakouts.
9. Eating more carrots is not only good for your eyes, but it can also help to prevent acne problems. The main reason why carrots are beneficial for acne is because it is one of the best sources for Vitamin A. This beta-carotene can help to cleanse your body from various toxins and greatly improve your skins appearance. Also since they are a little sweet in taste, consuming carrots as a snack can help you avoid some unhealthy snack choices containing sugar, which are bad for acne.
These are only a few examples of foods that can help to prevent acne. This list can be definitely supplemented with other foods that are high in antioxidants, vitamins A, C, and E, selenium, omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium and foods that have high water content.